Step back in time for the time of your life at our renaissance festival!
experience the most entertaining,
longest running renaissance festival in Texas!
the most popular
annual events in Dallas, TX,
Arlington, TX and Fort Worth, TX.
Travel back in time to the 16th Century with Kings and Queens in North Texas! Scarborough Renaissance Festival is one of the largest entertainment events in Dallas, TX, Arlington, TX, and Fort Worth, TX since 1981.
Eat delicious foods, watch magical and thrilling shows, marvel at the sights and music, and party like it’s 1599 at one of the best renaissance festivals in the country.
At this renaissance faire, you will stroll through the village and interact with the villagers and other patrons that came dressed in character. There are things to do and see for all ages. All shows are fun and the bird show is very educational.
Live the life you've been dreaming of at our renaissance festival! The Scarborough Renaissance Festival is a great escape from everyday, ordinary life. Experience the thrill of a full combat joust, with our knights riding for glory. Bask in the grace of our falconry demonstration. Appreciate the skill and craftsmanship that went into renaissance era artisan activities like blacksmithing and candlemaking. Then treat yourself to a giant turkey leg and a glass of mead.
Walk through the front gate and grab a map so you can make sure you don't miss a thing. Don't eat a big lunch before you show up: people can't seem to get enough of our giant turkey legs! Parking is free, but make sure you're responsible when you sample our domestic and specialty grog.
One-day tickets may be purchased at the Scarborough Renaissance Festival and discounted tickets are available from participating sponsors. Season passes are available as well if you plan to return.
Weekends April 6 – May 30th
Scarborough Renaissance Festival is a renaissance faire in Waxahachie, Texas, conveniently located for residents of Arlington, TX, Dallas, TX, and Fort Worth, TX. Scarborough Renaissance Festival's first run was in 1981. The festival is open Saturdays and Sundays from the first weekend in April until Memorial Day Monday. The festival is historically based in the year 1533, under the reign of King Henry VIII.
The village is open rain or shine, but for the safety of the horses, the jousting events are cancelled.
2511 FM 66 in Waxahachie
• 21 stages with over 200 performances daily
• 3 Full Combat Jousts take place each day
• 150 primarily volunteer members of the Scarborough Academy of Performing Arts make up the performing company that become the "characters" of Scarborough including our very own King Henry VIII and Queen Anne Boleyn
• Daily falconry demonstrations are conducted by John Karger of Last Chance Forever Wildlife Conservatory
• 200 permanent shoppes feature unique handmade wares made by artisans from around the country
• Each day, Artisans demonstrate ancient arts such as Glassblowing, Blacksmithing, Candlemaking, Printing on a Guttenberg Press, leather crafting, broommaking, Armor making, Coin minting, and much more
• People come from miles around to devour our famous Giant Turkey legs, and we have proof: we end up cooking up more than 20 tons every year!
• Non-traditional foods
such as hand made pastas, seafood, stir fry, steak-on-a-stick,
Scott's eggs, Italian Ice, etouffee, empanadas, fajitas, meatball
sandwiches, baklava, quiche, pastries, and more than 60 other
hearty foods make up the culinary adventure at Scarborough
• Eight Pubs and Taverns offer hearty ales, variety of beers, wine, mead, and frozen favorites
• More than 30,000 students and teachers visit on educational field trips each May when the Festival is open exclusively to schools
• You really can marry a knight in shining armor; more than 20 royal renaissance weddings are held during the festival each year
We're everything you want from a Renaissance Faire, and more! Come for the shoppes and the artisan demonstrations, stay for the jousting and the giant turkey legs. Our wine tastings are a blast, the music's great, and you can bring the whole family! People love it so much, they come to us to get married!
|Scarborough Renaissance Festival® Featured on Fandemonium|
|Wed Jul 31 15:38:00 EDT 2013|
Dallas area festival showcased on new Travel Channel television show....
|Wed Feb 06 14:13:33 EST 2013|
Welcome to our fan page!