Step back in time for the time of your life!
experience the most entertaining,
longest running Renaissance Festival in Texas!
the most popular
annual events in Dallas,
Arlington, and Fort Worth.
Travel back in time to the 16th Century with Kings and Queens in North Texas! Scarborough Renaissance Festival is one of the largest entertainment events in Dallas, Arlington, and Ft. Worth, since 1981.
Eat delicious foods, watch magical and thrilling shows, marvel at the sights and music, and party like it’s 1599 at one of the best renaissance festivals in the country.
At this renaissance faire, you will stroll through the village and interact with the villagers and other patrons that came dressed in character. There are things to do and see for all ages. All shows are fun and the bird show is very educational.
Maps and schedules are available at the front gate, so you can be sure to not miss a thing. Fo od and drinks are available along with most domestic and some specialty grog. Parking is also free.
One-day tickets may be purchased at the Scarborough Renaissance Festival and discounted tickets are available from participating sponsors. Season passes are available as well if you plan to return.
Weekends April 6 – May 30th
Scarborough Renaissance Festival is a renaissance faire in Waxahachie, Texas, conveniently located for residents of Arlington, Dallas and Fort Worth. Scarborough Renaissance Festival's first run was in 1981. The festival is open Saturdays and Sundays from the first weekend in April until Memorial Day Monday. The festival is historically based in the year 1533, under the reign of King Henry VIII. The festival is 35 acres in size, taking place on a 165-acre site. There are 21 stages with more than 200 performances. Three jousting shows take place each day. There are about 150 cast members that make up the characters in the renaissance faire. Almost all of the cast members are volunteers.
The village is open rain or shine. The village is not too bad after a rain if you watch where you walk but for the safety of the horses, the jousting events are cancelled. This is a must see and you should try to schedule your visit around any threat of rain.
2511 FM 66 in Waxahachie
• Began in 1981
• The Festival runs 8 consecutive weekends and Memorial Day Monday each spring
• Scarborough Renaissance Festival is a Renaissance-themed festival based on the year 1533, during the reign of England’s King Henry VIII
• Scarborough Festival is a 35 acre 'village' (larger than most area shopping malls) within a 167 acre site
• The festival employs more than 2,000 performers, artisans, food service people, grounds crew, and retail staff during the course of a season
• The festival is a privately held company owned by the same two families since its inception.
• Annual Attendance: 200,000
• 21 stages with over 200 performances daily
• 3 Full Combat Jousts take place each day
• 150 primarily volunteer members of the Scarborough Academy of Performing Arts make up the performing company that become the "characters" of Scarborough including our very own King Henry VIII and Queen Anne Boleyn
• Daily Falconry demonstrations are conducted by John Karger of Last Chance Forever Wildlife Conservatory
• 200 permanent shoppes feature unique handmade wares made by artisans from around the country
• Scarborough Renaissance Festival is one of the largest outdoor "juried" craft shows in the country
• Each day, Artisans demonstrate ancient arts such as Glassblowing, Blacksmithing, Candlemaking, Printing on a Guttenberg Press, leather crafting, broommaking, Armor making, Coin minting, and much more
• More than 20 tons of the Festival’s famous Giant Turkey Legs are devoured annually dur ing the eight-weekend season
• Non-traditional foods such as hand made pastas, seafood, stir fry, steak-on-a-stick, Scott's eggs, Italian Ice, etouffee, empanadas, fajitas, meatball sandwiches, baklava, quiche, pastries, and more than 60 other hearty foods make up the culinary adventure at Scarborough Renaissance Festival
• Five Food Court Areas (kitchens) are strategically located throughout the festival, each offering a completely different menu selection
• Eight Pubs and Taverns offer hearty ales, variety of beers, wine, mead, and frozen favorites
• Student Days at Scarborough Renaissance Festival are when more than 30,000 students and teachers visit on educational field trips each May when the Festival is open exclusively to schools
• You really can marry a knight in shining armor; more than 20 royal renaissance weddings are held during the festival each year
Entertainment, Shoppes And Artisan Demostrations, Weddings, Jousting, Sword Fighting, Turkey Legs, King Henry VIII, Birds of Prey, Grand Parade, Student Day, Wine Tasting, Music and Family Fun!
|Scarborough Renaissance Festival® Featured on Fandemonium|
|Wed Jul 31 15:38:00 EDT 2013|
Dallas area festival showcased on new Travel Channel television show....
|Wed Feb 06 14:13:33 EST 2013|
Welcome to our fan page!